When we talk about a healthy lifestyle, quite often the 2 things we think about are: eating health foods and exercising. But a healthy lifestyle is more than that, how we feel and what we do to be happy in our daily lives also contributes to a healthy lifestyle.
Staying active and eating healthy has been something I’m used to and learned at a young age. Some people might be surprised to learn that I always ate my vegetables as a kid without being asked twice. However, I did not like meat and some other types of foods. I may be a complete foodie now, but vegetables and snacks (eg. chips, candy, dessert) were practically the only thing I wanted to eat as a kid, which meant that my family had to constantly monitor my diet to make sure I was getting enough protein and nutrients. Lesson from my story, whether you only like vegetables or dislike vegetables, still have to be cautious to make sure your body is well-nourished!
As I grew older during my teenage years, I started taking more interest in varieties of food and cuisines. I was also involved in sports (tennis anyone?), so that meant I’m living a ‘healthy’ lifestyle right? I would say about 2/3 comes from exercise and diet, the other 1/3 comes from a happy mind. My family frequently planned fun activities in and outside our City, as it is very important to relax and have fun after exams or work commitments!
Taking care of our mind and mental well-being is just as important as our physical health, and that is something that stuck with me over the years thanks to my family, and I constantly remind myself to take a step back and relax. It’s definitely hard at times especially when you love what you’re doing. Who knows that feeling well? *raises hand* Luckily, I live in a City that has amazing events and reminders for us to take care of our mental and physical self!
The Healthy Family Expo is a fun-filled day for the whole family that introduces Metro Vancouver parents to small steps & simple solutions for healthy, active, eco-friendly living.
I’m extremely stoked to be an ambassador this year for this amazing event, to share my personal experiences and goals in this area, and to also learn from those participating!
I’ve attended the expo as an attendee before and was amazed by how many different things we can incorporate into our lifestyle to stay healthy. There’s so many I have yet to try! Because really, there isn’t a limit to just 1 or 2 ways.
Highlights of the 4th annual Healthy Family Expo coming up on Sunday, March 26, include:
- Meeting popular CBC Kids characters Daniel Tiger, Super WHY!, Bookaboo & Scout;
- Bobs & LoLo and Jessie Farrell concerts featuring songs celebrating the natural world;
- HUGE Active Kid Zone with rock wall, giant hamster ball race track, Tumblebus & TumbleTown, Springfree trampolines, Sportball & Pedalheads play areas and more;
- 200+ exhibitors with healthy food sampling & eco-friendly products & services;
- Whole Foods Market Zone, London Drugs Health Zone, and brand new Toyota Canada Outdoor Living Zone, West Coast Kids Healthy Baby Zone, and Green Living Zone;
- Science World fire show and ninja & tumbling demonstrations on stage;
- Vancouver Aquarium AquaVan interactive zone for kids;
- $15,000 Grand Prize Showcase including a 1-year lease on a Toyota Prius c;
- Baby feeding & changing lounge with complimentary diapers, wipes & comfy seating;
- Family Rest Stop courtesy of Love Child Organics and lots of stroller parking;
- First 500 adults through the door receive a gift bag full of healthy product samples;
- First 200 adults through the door receive an adult pass to Science World; and
- Partial proceeds of ticket sales support Canucks Autism Network sports programs.
I’m most excited to see that Springfree Trampoline is a new addition to this year’s Active Kid Zone at the Expo! It’s the smart active living choice that delivers for the whole family and you can test-drive one for yourself at the event on March 26th. And guess what? One lucky family will be taking home a Springfree Trampoline through the Expo’s early bird ticket draw, and another one as part of the Expo’s Grand Prize Showcase (visit the Healthy Family Expo website for terms & conditions for those giveaways). That’s a prize valued at over $3000!
Adult Expo tickets are $15 each online, cash at the door, or at London Drugs from March 1-26.
Kids under 16 get in FREE and ALL ATTRACTIONS are included with admission!
To get involved in the fun:
- Join the Expo 2017 Facebook Event to RSVP to win thousands in prizes at their March 23rd pre-Expo Facebook Party from 8 to 10 pm!
- Buy tickets early to qualify to win a Springfree Trampoline!
- Grab 2-for-1 adult tickets online using limited time promo code MTAHB241.
And to kick off our pre-Expo celebrations, we’re giving away a $200 Healthy Family Expo 2017 shopping spree that one lucky winner will get to spend on their choice of exhibitors at the event on March 26th! This online giveaway runs from March 6 – 22, 2017, and the winner must be a British Columbia resident aged 19+ able to attend the Healthy Family Expo at the Vancouver Convention Centre between 9 am & 5 pm on March 26 to pick up and use the prize that day.
Enter for your chance to win through Rafflecopter below.
The winner will be announced at the pre-Expo Facebook Party on March 23rd, 2017!
See you on March 26! 🙂